PEP 526 - var annotations and the spirit of python

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Jul 3 09:46:25 EDT 2018

On Tuesday 03 July 2018 09:32:52 Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 19:51:29 -0500, Tim Daneliuk <info at tundraware.com>
>
> declaimed the following:
> >Except that the current attempt is to use techniques like agile,
> >scrum, pair programming, and so forth to turn programming into
> >a factory activity.  High degrees of specialization are segmented
> >by architectural role (front end, back end, infrastructure,
> >DevOps ...), language, and even business unit.  In my view,
> >systems architecture, software design, and non functional
> >capabilities suffer thereby, but I am old and crabby :)
>
> 	Where do I join the "old and crabby" club?

You become a member automatically when you've accumulated enough
birthdays. I'm 83, and it just sorta sneaks up on you while you're busy
with life.

> 	After 30 years with a DOD contractor where things went through PDR,
> CDR (and often separate sets for requirements, followed by design,
> followed by implementation), my last four years were in an environment
> as you describe above -- where the requirements seemed to be written
> based upon what the implementation of the week performed...

Thats horrible, you never know what the true target is.  And realizing it
makes you a member of the club.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)