PEP 526 - var annotations and the spirit of python

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jul 2 07:01:13 EDT 2018

On Sun, 01 Jul 2018 20:51:42 -0700, Jim Lee wrote:

> Back before the dot com boom, programmers (generally) knew at least 6,
> 7, 8 languages.

You obviously didn't know (m)any of the hundreds of thousands of COBOL
programmers.

(A language conspicuous by its absence from your impressively large list
of languages.)

http://catb.org/jargon/html/C/COBOL.html

Of for that matter, the vast horde of BASIC/VB coders, or even for that
matter the C coders who *if they were especially adventurous* might have
had a passing acquaintance with one or two shell scripting languages.

--
Steven D'Aprano
it everywhere." -- Jon Ronson