Where has the practice of sending screen shots as source code come from?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 20:13:58 EST 2018

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 11:40 AM, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer
<arj.python at gmail.com> wrote:
> well maybe screenshot of shell sessions to show varying formatted test
> cases might be valid (like the increasingly popular practise of coding py
> on android)

Maybe, but that isn't code.

> also, sreenshot sources tend to be syntax colored which might be easier to
> read.

No. The syntax highlighting comes from the code, so I should be able
to paste your code into my editor and see it in colour. No benefit to
seeing it in YOUR colours, which may not be helpful to me.

> ease of access is the culprit !

I find that hard to believe... you're saying it's actually easier to
screenshot a text editor than to copy and paste?

ChrisA