New to Python and understanding problem

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Mon Jan 29 13:14:57 EST 2018

Hello Dan,

Am 2018-01-29 hackte Dan Stromberg in die Tasten:
> I don't see blueman on pypi, so this is probably part of the package
> you downloaded, and not something you need to "pip3 install".

I have Python 2.7 and 3.5 from the Debian GNU/Linux repository installed
I use the Stable (Stretch) version.

Installing blueman 2.0.4 (for Python 2.7) ended with a SEGFAULT.
Hence I downloaded the sources 2.1~alpha2 from the Experimantal Mirror,
comiled and packed it as Backport.

Anything went fine, except, if I execute /usr/bin/blueman-applet it
does not find the path to blueman which is in

    /usr/lib/python-3.5/site-packages

as subdirectory "bluman".  OK, I can hardcode this pig for myself,
but I would prefer to make it the correct way and submit a
bugreport with patch.

> Sometimes this sort of problem surfaces when someone tries to run a
> package with a different python than the python the package is
> installed into.  Do you have more than one python on your machine?

2.7 and 3.5

But since the Python script /usr/bin/blueman-applet has the shebang

    #!/usr/bin/env python3

The module path should be ok.

Thanks in avance

--