New to Python and understanding problem

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 12:42:55 EST 2018

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 9:01 AM, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
> OK, I tried to install "blueman" (Bluetooth Manager) on  my  Debian  9.2
> (Stretch system and discovered a problem:
>
> ----[ c 'blueman-applet' ]----------------------------------------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./blueman-applet", line 15, in <module>
>     from blueman.Functions import create_logger, create_parser,
> set_proc_title
> ImportError: No module named 'blueman'

I don't see blueman on pypi, so this is probably part of the package
you downloaded, and not something you need to "pip3 install".

Sometimes this sort of problem surfaces when someone tries to run a
package with a different python than the python the package is
installed into.  Do you have more than one python on your machine?