Where are the moderators?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 11:18:20 EST 2018

On 2018-01-19, Anssi Saari <as at sci.fi> wrote:
> Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Neither works for me. The news link clearly fails, but the gmane.org
>> link has no search functionality either. Do you have a direct URL to
>> comp.lang.python?
>
> Gmane seems to be in the middle of a massive rebuild at the
> moment.

It's a massive "rebuild" that has been stalled for years.  I do not
expect Gmanes web UI to be revived.

> Comp.lang.python's webpage is
> http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general but none of the links
> to read or search the list seem to be working at the moment.

They've been that way for years.

> NNTP access to news.gmane.org and group gmane.comp.python.general
> works for me. For reading at least, I don't know if this message
> goes anywhere...

For most groups/lists, gmane's mail<->nntp service seems to be
working.  There are some "groups" where I've noticed that posting
works, but traffic in the other direction mail->nntp is intermittent.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Did something bad
                                  at               happen or am I in a