Where are the moderators?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jan 19 03:20:31 EST 2018

On 1/18/2018 11:05 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 18:42:35 -0700, Bob van der Poel <bob at mellowood.ca>
> declaimed the following:

>>> there's so much spam now. Is there a way to become a moderator so this can
>>> be cleaned up?

>>> Simply point your email client at news.gmane.org

Mark meant, or should have meant, news or combined mail/news client.
Thunderbird (and Outlook Express, for instance) are the latter.  I read
and post to this list and others through my Thunderbird news account

>>> and take your pick from
>>> hundreds of Python lists and thousands of other technical lists that are
>>> all spam free.
>>>

>> Actually, this link is broken.

news.gmane.org is a news server, and the server I am sending this
through.  It is not an html web page server.

>> But, gmane.org (without the news prefix)
>> does work.

In a browser, but not as a news server.

> While I can't speak for /email client/, Agent has been running well for
> some years now using news.gmane.org.

Ditto for Thunderbird news (as opposed to mail) account.

--
Terry Jan Reedy