Simple graphic library for beginners

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri Jan 12 01:47:51 EST 2018

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:45:04 +1300, Gregory Ewing wrote:

> Seems to me it would help if pip were to announce which version of
> Python it's installing things into. And instead of just saying "not
> compatible with this version of Python", say "not compatible with Python
> X.Y.Z". That would make these kinds of problems much easier to diagnose.

This.

If pip is joined at the hip to a specific version of Python, I think that
we ought to be able to specify the version number like we can with Python.

Something like:

pip ...  # use whichever version of pip comes first on the PATH
pip3.6 ...  # use the pip installed with Python 3.6
pip2.7 ...  # use the pip installed with Python 2.7

etc.

And don't say "use a venv" :-)

--
Steven D'Aprano