Simple graphic library for beginners

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Jan 11 18:45:04 EST 2018

Ned Batchelder wrote:
> so "pip install pygame" should work.  Some people seem so
> determined to dislike a thing, they cannot be convinced there are
> solutions to their problems.

But it clearly didn't work for bartc at first, and the
error messages he got didn't make it at all clear why.
You can't blame him for that.

My theory is that his 'pip' command was picking up
some version of Python other than 3.4 or 3.6, and
when he re-installed 3.6, it changed his path so that
it now referred to the 3.6 version of pip.

Seems to me it would help if pip were to announce
which version of Python it's installing things into.
And instead of just saying "not compatible with
this version of Python", say "not compatible with
Python X.Y.Z". That would make these kinds of problems
much easier to diagnose.

--
Greg