Simple graphic library for beginners

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Thu Jan 11 21:44:02 EST 2018

On 1/11/18 8:21 PM, bartc wrote:
> On 11/01/2018 23:23, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 10:11 AM, bartc <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm almost ready to plonk you, but I think there is still SOME value
>> in your posts. But please, stop denigrating what you don't understand.
>
> And please try to see things from the pointer of view of a beginner or
> outsider, where anything to do with Python seems to have a bewildering
> and conflicting array of solutions.

Bart, we get it. You don't like Python, it doesn't work the way you
expect. While I appreciate your optimism at continuing to try it, please
just stop.  We don't need yet another thread where you try things, and
they don't work, and we try to explain it, and you tell us it's too
complicated and could be simpler. We've heard it all before, and it
doesn't get us anywhere, and it doesn't educate anybody.

The Python packaging ecosystem is complex, it's true. You don't need to
use it.  You'll be happier with other things.

Everyone else: please resist the temptation to argue with Bart about
these things.  It's not doing anyone any good.

--Ned.