[OT] Re: has sourceforge exposed the dirty little secret ?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun Jan 7 21:10:37 EST 2018

On Sunday 07 January 2018 19:38:37 Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 11:33 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net>
wrote:
> > And here, unifont showed them as empty boxes. So does that point the
> > finger of guilt to kmail? This is the TDE, R14.0.5 version. Hundreds
> > of bugs fixed since the fork at KDE-3.5.
>
> Huh. I've no idea,

We are in the same boat. :)
> then, but it's entirely possible that (a) the font
> actually doesn't have those characters, or (b) kmail uses a 16-bit
> renderer.

Both of which are unk to me. I like the rest of how kmail works, and have
written automatic scripts to reduce the actual work involved, so I am
not likely to change agents without a better reason than a couple boxes
where someone, think its cute, decides to test the rest of the systems.

I believe there is a french saying about such that boils down to a
shrug. ;-) But its also something I've not seen in something approaching
70 years, last in some required school reading in the middle 40's IIRC,
so its still a shrug. I thought maybe I'd gain a clue by starting a
discussion, but either it didn't or it flew by without even the loss of
a feather. Solution buried deeper in the system than my bash speaking
shovel can reach. ;)

Take care all, and have a better 2018.  Orders from Grandpa Gene.

> The latter is why Idle can't render astral characters -
> Tcl/Tk is limited to the BMP.
>
> ChrisA

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)