Detection of ultrasonic side channels in mobile devices with Python?

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 21:23:12 EST 2018

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 4:34:11 PM UTC-6, Etienne Robillard wrote:

> A great number of studies have shown that ultrasonic
> neuromodulation of the central nervous system can be
> exploited via brain-computer interfaces...  It is cutting
> edge science however, and my knowledge on techniques for
> activating human behavior by remote means is limited.  I am
> only an amateur scientist/programmer with no experience
> whatsoever in Android or neuroscience.

I doubt anyone in this group will have knowledge in such a
high-tech experimental/theoretical field such as "remote
behavior modification"? And even if someone did, i'm sure
they'd wise enough to keep quiet about it. Because if such
technology exists today, then it would have military
applications, and thus, be highly classified.

And, just as a thought experiment, if we imagined that --
somehow -- you attained this specialized knowledge, and you
were _not_ already employed by one of the military labs --
oh boy! -- you would then become a threat to national
security, and be hunted by every spy agency on the face of
this planet. With that in mind, i think you're in waaaaay
over your head. And perhaps you should apply a reversed
transformation to your current vector path.

> However, the possibility of ultrasonic side channels to be
> exploited by a third-party remotely without the user
> consent seem highly likely.  I want to develop Python tools
> to provide experimental evidences that Android may exploit
> ultrasonic side channels to stimulate or impair the
> auditory cortex of someone.

That sounds malicious to me. Although, considering the
abysmal state of music these days... sometimes i wish my
smart phone _would_ impair my auditory cortex.

> In other words, I plan to disclose the ability of the US
> government to use mobile devices as psychoenergetics (non-
> lethal) bioweapons.

Why take the chance? Ditch the phone all together and live
free! Who cares about the lemmings anyway. The worms have
already ate into their brains.

Even if you provide evidence proving your claims to be true,
people (*AHEM*, "Sheeple") are so wedded to their smart
phones that even *IF* smart phones caused chronic explosive
diarrhea, i seriously doubt anyone would put their phone down
for more than five minutes.

We're talking about OCD on a _galactic_ scale here, my
friend. In fact, smart phone users have become so OCD about
their phones, that soon they plan to borrow the NRA's slogan
(slightly modified, of course):

    'From my *COLD*. *DEAD*. *BROWN*. *HAND*."