How to make Python run as fast (or faster) than Julia

bartc bc at freeuk.com
Thu Feb 22 19:26:33 EST 2018

On 22/02/2018 14:02, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 22/02/18 12:03, bartc wrote:
>

>> It might be a technique to bear in mind, but it is nonsensical to say
>> this gives a 17,000 times speed-up over the original code.
>
> What makes you say that?  I have just run all of the code as given in
> the reference and get results that are in the same ball park for every
> test that was run.

It's nonsensical because you are comparing two very different
algorithms, especially when one could well be a million times faster
than the other.

The point of the article was Julia vs. Python. You can't make Python
faster by switching to a faster algorithm; you have to use the same one
on both.

--
bartc