Are the critiques in "All the things I hate about Python" valid?

Anders Wegge Keller wegge at wegge.dk
Tue Feb 20 08:12:08 EST 2018

På Tue, 20 Feb 2018 12:28:25 +0000 (UTC)
Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> skrev:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:34:29 +0100, Anders Wegge Keller wrote:
>
> > På Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:15:19 +0000 (UTC) Steven D'Aprano
> > <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> skrev:
> >> On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 14:06:36 +0100, Anders Wegge Keller wrote:
> >>
>  [...]
> >>
> >> That's a mighty powerful claim that goes against the documentation for
> >> the array module. Can you back your claims up?
> >>
> >> Here's an array and a list:
> >
> >  Make me an array of tuples with two integers and a string, and we can
> >  talk.
>
> The array module's failure to support the specific type you want has no
> bearing on whether or not Python is statically typed.

 You claimed Array could do what I requested, i.e. container type that
guaranteed only one type inside. Furthermore, you are misrepresenting C with
malice.

 I don't care why you feel that a simple observation is a personal attack,
but I see you behave as a spoiled kid. I haven\t got the time for it, sop go
and pout in your corner.

--
//Wegge