Suggestions on programming in Python an email simple client

Michael F. Stemper michael.stemper at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 18:14:21 EST 2018

On 2018-02-15 16:30, Maroso Marco wrote:
> Il giorno martedì 13 febbraio 2018 21:06:19 UTC+1, Maroso Marco ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> what i'm trying to do is develop my own email client, but a simple one.
>>
>> I just want it to connect to a specific email account and read the subject line of messages coming from a certain email address.
>>
>> I then want it to be able to execute the command i wrote on the subject.
>>
>> It would be nice if i could specify two parameters on the subject line
>>
>> first : password;
>> second : command;
>>
>> The first parameter is the password and the second is the command to be executed in the local pc where this program is running.

You should never write anything that requires or even allows providing
a password on a command line. On any multiuser machine, somebody can
look for processes that have your program as the command and see the
password.

Passwords should only ever be provided interactively

--
Michael F. Stemper
Soglin for governor.