zpifile.py error - no crc 32 attribute

Thomas Jollans tjol at tjol.eu
Wed Aug 22 19:31:15 EDT 2018

On 08/23/2018 12:43 AM, jacob m wrote:
> " import zlib
> print(zlib.__file__)"
>
> When I don't have the zlib uploaded to my Python3.7 library, I have the
> following error:
> "Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "./testx.py", line 2, in <module>
>      import zlib
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'zlib'"

zlib is part of the standard library. It should have been there when you
installed Python.

> When I download the zlib 1.2.11 from http://www.zlib.net/, rename the
> "zlib-1.2.11" folder into "zlib" (after unpacking) and upload it into
> Python library, the result is:

Don't do that.

  * that's not a Python package. It has no business being in the Python
path.
  * don't put things into the Python path willy-nilly. Let the canonical
tools (i.e.: pip, setup.py files, etc.) take care of it.
  * DEFINITELY don't put your own stuff into the *standard* library
location. Use site-packages/ for custom packages.

Install Python again from scratch. If you can't import zlib and zipfile
in a *clean* Python install, come back and tell us how you installed
Python and what OS/distribution you're using. Then I'm sure we can help
you figure out what went wrong.

If you installed from source and you didn't have zlib headers installed
at the time, I could imagine this happening... but I have no idea if
Python would even build without zlib.

-- Thomas