Issue with python365.chm on window 7

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Tue Apr 24 11:21:51 EDT 2018

On 04/24/2018 07:15 AM, Brian Gibbemeyer wrote:

> I found that Python speaks to the rest api....therefore I get to code with
> python. I haven't touched python in 14 years.

Welcome back!  :)

> Normally I do not respond to these types of responses. Due to the power of
> relative anonymity on the internet, it just escalates out of control
> quickly and is usually not constructive.

Hopefully Bob was just having a bad day.  I know it's happened to me.  Thank you for your respectful reply.

> But if the list would have posted the graphic that I attached to the
> original email it would have more self explanatory

This is a text-only mailing list, not a web forum.  Graphics are stripped.

> Bob if you can go to
> https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-364/
>

> And download the help file
>
>   I have link below.
>
> https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.6.4/python364.chm
>
> See if you can open that up and report back.

Downloaded, opened:  I see the topics on the left, but the main frame is empty; it stays empty no matter which topic I
click on.

Windows  7 Pro, Service Pack 1
Windows 10 Pro

--