[Tutor] beginning to code

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 07:07:11 EDT 2017

On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 7:12:46 PM UTC-5, Terry Reedy wrote:
> The coinage 'Executable pseudocode' was my description of Python on
> comp.lang.python, mirrored to this list, in April 1997, long before
> I became a Python (core) dev.  Guido did say things like 'human
> readable' before that.  To the extent that my description implies a
> higher standard, you cannot imput it to Guido ;-).

I can neither confirm or deny that claim, so until i can, i
will accept your claim as valid. Although, i seem to
remember GvR using "executable pseudocode" in one of his
early interviews.

In any event, there is no doubt that GvR's original intent
was to create a language with a clear syntax (something that
ABC tried to do, but failed miserably), so whether he used
the exact words 'executable pseudocode' or 'human readable',
the meaning is the same.

    "A horse of a different color is still a horse; of course, of course." :-)