[Tutor] beginning to code

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Sep 17 20:12:11 EDT 2017

On 9/17/2017 4:39 PM, Rick Johnson wrote:

> My point is
> that Python source code was meant to be "executable pseudo
> code" (Python devs' words not mine!),

The coinage 'Executable pseudocode' was my description of Python on
comp.lang.python, mirrored to this list, in April 1997, long before
I became a Python (core) dev.  Guido did say things like 'human
readable' before that.  To the extent that my description implies a
higher standard, you cannot imput it to Guido ;-).

 > and while regular expressions are meant to be cryptic,
 > Python source code was not.

That I agree with.

--
Terry Jan Reedy