Using Python 2

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sun Sep 10 01:23:44 EDT 2017

On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 01:08 pm, Rick Johnson wrote:

> Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
>> The risk to Python will be whether the occasion is
>> exploited by fanboys of competing programming languages.
>> The migration from Python 2 might be to something else than
>> Python 3 in some circles.
>
> That has been my observation as well.

It certainly has been. I still remember your panicked, "the sky is falling"
posts terrified that unless we re-defined Python to your specifications, the
entire Python community would rush to Ruby.

That was, oh, ten or twelve years ago, if I remember correctly. How did that
prediction work out for you?

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.