Design: method in class or general function?

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 21:59:29 EDT 2017

Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Ben Finney wrote:
> > Another, more compelling, reason to follow that advice:
> > Python 2 is in maintenance-only mode and will receive no
> > support at all in a few years. It is a dead end.  Python 3
> > is actively developed and will be supported indefinitely.
>
> This reminds me of the Biblical story of the major
> refactoring of humanity at Noah's time. God ended up
> regretting the upheaval and promised never to make such a
> backward-incompatible change again:

Yep, even mythical tales of cosmic monsters can teach
valuable lessons. There is no doubt that Python3 is mutating
in ways that are violating the core philosophy of the
langauge. A language should "evolve" _slowly_ over time, not
become a grotesque mutant _overnight_, as a result of swan-
diving into a toxic waste dump!