Design: method in class or general function?

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Thu Sep 7 08:41:42 EDT 2017

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au>:
> Another, more compelling, reason to follow that advice: Python 2 is in
> maintenance-only mode and will receive no support at all in a few
> years. It is a dead end.
>
> Python 3 is actively developed and will be supported indefinitely.

This reminds me of the Biblical story of the major refactoring of
humanity at Noah's time. God ended up regretting the upheaval and
promised never to make such a backward-incompatible change again:

   and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any
   more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from
   his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as
   I have done.

Marko