choice of web-framework

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 07:48:03 EDT 2017

On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 10:34 PM, Chris Warrick <kwpolska at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 October 2017 at 13:25, Lele Gaifax <lele at metapensiero.it> wrote:
>> Chris Warrick <kwpolska at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Zope is effectively dead these days.
>>
>> Except it's alive and kicking: https://blog.gocept.com/
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> ciao, lele.
>
> A few people still care, sure. But how alive is a project with 16
> (sixteen) people on IRC (freenode #zope), 85 (eighty-five) stars on
> GitHub, and 205 issues on GitHub (since 2013)?

I'm not too bothered by number of stars, nor necessarily by the issue
count (maybe a lot of their work is discussed by email, not the
tracker). Most important, to me, is the number of commits. And that
doesn't look too bad; there aren't a huge number of them, but they're
fairly consistently being made. So I'd say the project isn't dead,
though you could very well argue that it's merely playing catch-up. (I
didn't look at the content of the commits in detail or anything.)

ChrisA