how to read in the newsreader

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 10:52:14 EDT 2017

On 16 October 2017 at 15:41, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2017-10-16, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>> On 10/15/2017 10:50 PM, Andrew Z wrote:
>>> Gents,
>>>   how do i get this group in a newsreader?
>>
>> Point your newsreader to news.gmane.org,
>
> That, IMO, is the only sane way to read mailing lists.  If a mailing
> list isn't carried on gmane, I don't bother with it.

Unless you work regularly on multiple PCs, as there's no newsreader I
know of that maintains your settings (what articles you have read, in
particular) across multiple installations. And gmane's UI sucks.

For that situation, reading mailing lists as mails in gmail is the
best option I've been able to find (not ideal, but adequate).
Paul