The "loop and a half"

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 15:37:07 EDT 2017

On 2017-10-06, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some are. Many aren't. In fact, the basic terminal has many advantages
> over purely GUI systems, including that you can scroll back and see
> exactly what happened previously. I generally recommend my students to
> use a sophisticated text editor, and then a separate terminal (or, as
> I tend to do, *many* separate terminals) to run commands in.

Indeed, I find that to be very efficient.  I'm always amazed how long
it takes people to accomplish simple tasks when they refuse to use
anything other than eclipse and a web browser.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm pretending that
                                  at               we're all watching PHIL