How to Generate dynamic HTML Report using Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 01:10:12 EST 2017

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Gregory Ewing
<greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Michael Torrie wrote:
>>
>> You also have this header set:

>>> ... It is forbidden to change
>>> URIs of this article into links...
>

> What is "changing a URI into a link" meant to mean? Does it
> include automatically displaying something that looks like
> a URI as a clickable element, as many news and mail clients
> do nowadays? If so, a lot of people will be inadvertently
> violating this copyright condition, including me.
>
> It looks like I'm going to have to filter Mr. Ram's posts
> out of my usenet feed as well, lest I accidentally show one
> of his URIs as a link on my screen.

Or, just ignore his copyright altogether, and let him prove its
defensibility in court. Can you actually enforce that EVERY usenet
server carry out your wishes? What if one of them strips off the
(non-standard) X-Copyright header and carries the message further? I
would hope that a server admin is not liable in court years down the
track for setting something up and leaving it to its own devices.

Anyone can write anything. Good luck actually making it mean anything.

Of course, getting all your posts plonked is the safest way to comply
with copyright, so I think that's what's going to happen...

ChrisA