How to Generate dynamic HTML Report using Python

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 13:47:17 EST 2017

Your thoughts on scope are interesting, if unorthodox.  There is a
problem with your deleting names after use, which is why we rarely
delete names.  The problem is that deleting a name does not not
necessarily or immediately destroy an object.  This can lead to great
confusion for programmers coming from a RAII language like C++.  All del
does is delete a name/object binding.  Which is the exact same thing as
reassigning the name to a new object.

Thus I don't see how using del as you do is at all useful, either for
programming correctness or understanding.  In fact I think it might even
be harmful.

Far more useful to teach people to use context handlers when
appropriate.  For example, when working with your sql connection object.

On 11/20/2017 07:50 AM, Stefan Ram wrote:
>   I am posting to a Usenet newsgroup. I am not aware of any
>   "Python-List mailing list".

As far as I'm concerned, this list is primarily a mailing list, hosted
by Mailman at python.org, and is mirrored to Usenet via a gateway as a
service by python.org.  Granted, this is just a matter of perspective.

>   I am posting specifically to the Usenet, because I am aware
>   of it's rules and I like it and wish to support it.

What rules are these?

I'm curious what news reader you are using as your posts are, well,
unique.  You've set headers that most do not, and your post bodies are
all base64 encoded.  Your quotes and block (un)indents are very odd
also.  A very curious setup.

You also have this header set:
> Distribution through any means other than regular usenet
> channels is forbidden. It is forbidden to publish this
> article in the world wide web. It is forbidden to change
> URIs of this article into links. It is forbidden to remove
> this notice or to transfer the body without this notice.

Looks to me like the mailing list needs to block your messages, lest
python.org be in violation of your copyright.