can't get python to run

texasblaze at aol.com texasblaze at aol.com
Sun Nov 12 14:58:38 EST 2017

trying to install and run Python 3.5.2 (64 bit) and keep getting error message:

the program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reintalling the program to fix this problem.

I am on Windows 7 Home Premium

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3.5.2 several times and tried repairing and still the error message keeps coming back and i can't run python 3.5.2

I was able to run Python27 and it opened just fine.

I am not a computer person and am just starting to learn python and the professor said to install 3.5.2.  I just have no idea what the issue is other than maybe an old computer????

regards,

Mary Ann