replacing `else` with `then` in `for` and `try`

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.eu
Mon Nov 6 06:34:47 EST 2017

On 2017-11-06, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Jon Ribbens <jon+usenet at unequivocal.eu> writes:
>> >
>> > I've read that sentence several times, and I still can't make it
>> > anything but a contradiction in terms.
>>
>> Well, keep at it and I'm sure you'll work it out eventually.
>
> You don't want to provide me with a way of thinking about it that makes
> it mean something non-contradictory? :-)

It already does mean something non-contradictory. This is
comp.lang.python (or python-list), not alt.english.remedial.
If you start from the wrong premise, as Steve is doing, then
even the most obvious of things can be rendered opaque and
confusing.

As I said, I've provided a solution to the problem, what more
do you want? This feels very much like you're arguing for
argument's sake, which is a game I'm not willing to play along
with for much longer.