How to install Python package from source on Windows

bartc bc at freeuk.com
Sun May 21 20:13:11 EDT 2017

On 21/05/2017 21:46, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 5:32 AM, bartc <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:

> Why are you so afraid of
> multiple source files?

[When other people build your app from sources]

Because then they are likely to need automation to deal with it. And
that introduces an extra dependency.

Coming from me, that wouldn't be an issue because I'm good at
anticipating likely problems, having experienced so many myself with
other people's apps, and will make it easy (for example by supplying
just one file, or by specifying the steps in English).

Others though are not usually so considerate.

 > If the OS kernel can be considered an application (and in GNU Hurd, I
 > believe it can), then there should be no reason for your claims to
 > stop short of it. Unless they don't actually hold up for anything more
 > than a trivial toy project.

What are the criteria for a project to be considered a toy?

Older versions of my languages were exclusively used to in the past to
write all my software. I think I might have sold some £10m or so or of
it, and that's not inflation adjusted.

A very useful and productive toy!

--
bartc