How to install Python package from source on Windows

breamoreboy at gmail.com breamoreboy at gmail.com
Wed May 17 16:42:43 EDT 2017

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 9:27:58 PM UTC+1, bartc wrote:
> On 17/05/2017 21:05, Mark Lawrence wrote:

> >> So the answer is, switch to Linux. In other words, a cop-out.
> >>
> >> --
> >> bartc
> >
> > Poor old Chris seems to be getting a little frustrated so I'll just repeat what I said previously.
> >
> > <quote>
> > What is the problem with the documentation given here https://docs.python.org/devguide ?
> >
> > Specifically:-
> >
> > "and on Windows use:
> >
> > PCbuild\build.bat -e -d"
> > </quote>
> >
> > That is 24 key strokes, including ENTER, to do the build on Windows.  What is so difficult about this?
>
> I'll repeat what I said before: I don't want to build CPython with
> VS2015. I wanted to build it with Tiny C.

Okay, so when you get it working please provide all the patches needed so that other people can do the same.  You'll have to learn a few git commands to do that, but that should be a piece of cake for someone with 40 years programming experience.  Incidentally which source control systems have you used during your career?

> The purpose of doing the latter was to evaluate what the performance
> might be, if for example Tiny C became the bundled C compiler so as to
> quickly get a source distribution going. Bundling VS2015 with CPython
> sources is not going to happen.

What makes you think that VS2015 needs to be bundled with cPython sources?

Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence.