How to install Python package from source on Windows

Deborah Swanson python at deborahswanson.net
Wed May 17 02:59:18 EDT 2017

Chris Angelico wrote, on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 11:36 PM

> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 4:31 PM, Deborah Swanson
> <python at deborahswanson.net> wrote:
> > But the myth that modern Windows users are safe from
> malware is just
> > that, a myth. I have plenty of Microsoftie friends who tell me
> > privately that this is so.
>
> Which is why people who care about security use BSD, not Windows.
>
> ChrisA

Oh, I see. Now you're morphing your attack on Windows XP to all flavors
of Windows?

Not that I would entirely disagree. As I've said at least a dozen times
now, XP is merely an expediency for me until I can get resituated in
Linux, and I wouldn't have any Windows released after XP SP2.

So perhaps now you might be agreeing with me that investing in Windows
and Visual Studio now is a shortsighted move that will likely result in
long term grief for Python?  Maybe reconsidering it?

Deborah