How to install Python package from source on Windows

Deborah Swanson python at deborahswanson.net
Wed May 17 01:04:58 EDT 2017

Chris Angelico wrote, on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 9:50 PM

> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Deborah Swanson
> <python at deborahswanson.net> wrote:
> > So please, all of you, stop beating me up about continuing
> to use XP.
> > It really is a fine operating system, but everyone else
> wants to get
> > on with their lives and stop supporting it. Not my fault, nor is it
> > something I should be continually beat around the head about.
> >

> For the person who's using it, or for all the malware authors
> who are gleefully using your computer as their own
> playground? It certainly is a fine operating system for the latter.
>
> ChrisA

Nobody's used my XP for a malware playground since about 2006. I used to
have about a dozen traps and traces that put a stop to all that. Now I
only have one, and it hasn't seen hide nor hair of a single trace or
sign of malware in the 6 or so years that I've had only that one sentry.

Not my problem if people can't use their computers and browse the web
sensibly. And I repeat, it's not something I should be continually beat
around the head about.

So please stop beating me up about it, you fools.

Deborah