Ten awesome things you are missing out on if you're still using Python 2

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Tue May 9 10:45:48 EDT 2017

On 09.05.17 09:01, Rustom Mody wrote:
> On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 12:48:03 PM UTC+5:30, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> http://www.asmeurer.com/python3-presentation/slides.html#1
>
> Nice list thanks!
>
> Do you have a similar list of
> 10 awesome features of Python that you can't use because you refuse to upgrade
> from Java/C++  ?
>
> [Context: Ive to take a couple of classes for senior such developers and
> wondering what features would give them) the most value]

1. Tuples and unpacking.

2. Arbitrary precision integers.

3. tuple/list/dict/set displays and comprehensions.

4. Negative indices.

5. Slicing.

6. Generator expressions and functions.

7. Keyword arguments.

8. *args and **kwargs.

9. Closures.

10. repr()/str().

11. Tracebacks.

12. Introspection.

13. REPL.

14. help().

15. Chained comparisons.

16. Sequence concatenation and repetition.

And I even not mentioned the standard library and the features added in
the recent Python versions.