Python package to accept payments in Internet

alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Wed May 3 13:05:00 EDT 2017

On Wed, 03 May 2017 18:58:50 +0300, Victor Porton wrote:

> Chris Warrick wrote:
>
>> On 3 May 2017 at 17:19, Victor Porton <porton at narod.ru> wrote:
>>> What do you mean by "banned"? Does this mean that Google does not use
>>> software of this license?
>>
>> https://opensource.google.com/docs/using/agpl-policy/
>> https://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03/31/
google_on_open_source_licenses/

> It is irrelevant for me that Google Code bans my license (by the way it
> seems that Google banned it only in the past, not now). I anyway host it
> at GitHub not at Google Code.
>
>>> My package is a professional tool unlike other's hacks.
>>
>> You yourself called your code a hack:

> Here I use the word "hack" to mean "something that works but isn't a
> full featured solution". This hack in my software applies to a very
> small fragment of my code not to entire code.
>
> That this small fragment is a hack does not influence the external
> behavior of the software. Thus it does not matter for users of my
> software.
>
>>> This quick hack does work for the purpose it was made. This class is
>>> not feature-rich, but other features are not needed by other parts of
>>> my software. So it's OK.
>>
>> No, it’s not okay. Quick hacks are never good when dealing with money.
>
> I made this hack with only one purpose, to avoid dependency on
> https://github.com/paypal/PayPal-Python-SDK.
>
> Thus this "hack" eases installation of my software: the user needs to
> install only one package rather than two. Also it makes my software to
> load quicker. So this hack is a benefit for the user not a deficiency.
>
> And nothing prevents the user to use PayPal-Python-SDK with or instead
> of this my quick hack.
>
> You carp with words, finding a problem where there is no real problem,
> just words (I mean the word "hack") which sound like a problem.

perhaps you should consider that Chris did not post these comments to
attack you, but to provide some feedback on things that may need further
work before people will be prepared to use your project.

Instead of reacting in the defensive & retaliating to Chris you should
sit back think about his suggestions & thank him for them.

--
Have you seen how Sonny's burning,
Like some bright erotic star,