Python package to accept payments in Internet

Victor Porton porton at narod.ru
Wed May 3 11:19:28 EDT 2017

On Wed, 2017-05-03 at 17:02 +0200, Chris Warrick wrote:

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > What licence is your package? Is it under an open source licence,
> > > or
> > > commercial closed source, or is there a choice?
>> > It is licensed both AGPLv3+ (an open source license) and a
> > commercial
> > license.
>> > The AGPL license requires you to publish your Web application
> > source code if
> > my package is called from your software.
>> > Thus you may need the commercial license for your closed source Web
> > application (that is for your site).
>> > See
>> > http://freesoft.portonvictor.org/django-debits.xml
>> > for more information.
>
> The AGPL license is banned by Google, and perhaps many others. There

What do you mean by "banned"? Does this mean that Google does not use
software of this license?

> are other packages for handling payments, many with a saner license
> and available for free, so you’ll be pretty unsuccessful.

I have found no other good Python packages to receive payments.

My package is prominent that it has especially great support for
recurring payments, not a feature of other packages.

See http://freesoft.portonvictor.org/django-debits.xml
about more features of my package.

My package is a professional tool unlike other's hacks.

> Also, this line looks unconvincing:
>
> # This is a quick hack. For serious work use
> https://github.com/paypal/PayPal-Python-SDK instead.

This quick hack does work for the purpose it was made. This class is
not feature-rich, but other features are not needed by other parts of
my software. So it's OK.

> source: https://github.com/vporton/django-
> debits/blob/fe8681042dbbf0353d1a29299280326a059452ca/debits/paypal/mo
> dels.py#L9
>
> Your website is ugly, uses default browser styles, and to me it feels
> like you don’t pay attention to important stuff. That’s not someone
> who I’d trust to do payments right.

I with my partner are founding a new company. The company site is not
yet online. It should be online soon. There we will have a well
designed page for this my product.