Python question

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sun Mar 26 07:35:24 EDT 2017

On 26Mar2017 20:55, Steve D'Aprano <steve+python at pearwood.info> wrote:
>On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 01:55 pm, cs at zip.com.au wrote:
>> 1: He BCCed the list, not us individually. Look at the headers.
>
>BCCed addresses aren't visible in the headers. That's why they're BLIND CC.

Of course, but the received headers etc show it passed though the list.

>The lack of personal email addresses in the headers doesn't prove they
>weren't there. All the headers tell us is that he definitely posted to the
>list. (But we knew that!)

If the headers say it went though the list, _that_ copy went through the list,
_not_ to your personal address (well, not from him; of course the list
delivered it to you).

>Your interpretation doesn't explain why I received a copy sent to my
>personal email address. I read this via the newsgroup comp.lang.python, not
>the mailing list, and I'm not subscribed to the email mailing list. If the
>OP had merely BCCed the mailing list, I wouldn't have received a copy in my
>personal inbox.

Fair point. Though I thought I only got one copy, might be wrong.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>