Who are the "spacists"?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 10:47:31 EDT 2017

On 2017-03-21, Wildman via Python-list <python-list at python.org> wrote:

> I would love to hear also.  I've been using Linux for about
> 10 years and I have never had anything "break" because of a
> tab.  Sounds like a case of Chicken Little to me.

The main problem is that when you display/print a program that uses
tabs on something that expands them to every 8-columns, you often end
up with much of the code so far to the right you can't see much of it.

Another problem is that people will use tabs to do things like line up
comments to the right of code.  That only works if the program
displaying/printing the code has tab widths that match the authors.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm having a MID-WEEK
                                  at               CRISIS!