Who are the "spacists"?

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Tue Mar 21 10:38:32 EDT 2017

Mikhail V <mikhailwas at gmail.com>:

> On 21 March 2017 at 14:42, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:
>>     - Draw this box starting from the top left corner and circling
>>       clockwise:
>>
>>                 +------------------+
>>                 |                  |
>>                 |                  |
>>                 +------------------+
>>

> Didn't want to say this, but you know it was quite predictable from
> the beginning that the arguments will end up somewhere in "linux
> console is the center of the universe, e-macs is mother of all apps
> and monospaced text is peak of human evolution".
>
> I don't know how to help, probably if there is an important document
> which you want different people to read, just make plain txt, or HTML
> table, Office document, PNG image, etc. Or just use spaces if it is
> for ASCII-art purposes.
>
> And on linux console, by default one does not even have good
> possibilities for text-mode pseudographics, it was more relevant in
> DOS where one had rich possibilities and programmable binary fonts.

Here's what I have studied today (HTTP/2):

     |                 Length (24)                   |
     +---------------+---------------+---------------+
     |   Type (8)    |   Flags (8)   |
     +-+-------------+---------------+-------------------------------+
     |R|                 Stream Identifier (31)                      |
     +=+=============================================================+
     |                   Frame Payload (0...)                      ...

   [...]

                                +--------+
                        send PP |        | recv PP
                       ,--------|  idle  |--------.
                      /         |        |         \
                     v          +--------+          v
              +----------+          |           +----------+
              |          |          | send H /  |          |
       ,------| reserved |          | recv H    | reserved |------.
       |      | (local)  |          |           | (remote) |      |
       |      +----------+          v           +----------+      |
       |          |             +--------+             |          |
       |          |     recv ES |        | send ES     |          |
       |   send H |     ,-------|  open  |-------.     | recv H   |
       |          |    /        |        |        \    |          |
       |          v   v         +--------+         v   v          |
       |      +----------+          |           +----------+      |
       |      |   half   |          |           |   half   |      |
       |      |  closed  |          | send R /  |  closed  |      |
       |      | (remote) |          | recv R    | (local)  |      |
       |      +----------+          |           +----------+      |
       |           |                |                 |           |
       |           | send ES /      |       recv ES / |           |
       |           | send R /       v        send R / |           |
       |           | recv R     +--------+   recv R   |           |
       | recv R                 | closed |               recv R   |

State of the art. Thankfully, the editor of the RFC chose not to use
tabs.

Marko