Who are the "spacists"?

Mikhail V mikhailwas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 10:15:14 EDT 2017

On 21 March 2017 at 14:42, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:
> Wildman <best_lay at yahoo.com>:
>
>> On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 06:01:26 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>> Can you ask your workmates to elaborate? I'd love to hear.
>>
>> I would love to hear also. I've been using Linux for about 10 years
>> and I have never had anything "break" because of a tab. Sounds like a
>> case of Chicken Little to me.
>
> Example:
>
>     - Start emacs with the default settings.
>
>     - Edit buffer "abc": C-x C-b abc
>
>     - Start drawing: M-x picture-mode
>
>     - Draw this box starting from the top left corner and circling
>       clockwise:
>
>                 +------------------+
>                 |                  |
>                 |                  |
>                 +------------------+

Didn't want to say this, but you know it was quite predictable from
the beginning that
the arguments will end up somewhere in "linux console is the center of the
universe, e-macs is mother of all apps and monospaced text is peak of
human evolution".

I don't know how to help, probably if there is an important document
which you want different people to read, just make plain
txt, or HTML table, Office document, PNG image, etc.
Or just use spaces if it is for ASCII-art purposes.

And on linux console, by default one does not even have good
possibilities for text-mode pseudographics, it was more relevant
in DOS where one had rich possibilities and programmable
binary fonts.

Mikhail