FYI: Removing posts with All Cap Authors

Peter Pearson pkpearson at nowhere.invalid
Sat Mar 4 16:05:46 EST 2017

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 08:37:24 -0800 (PST), Wanderer wrote:

> I don't know what a netnews protocol is. I use Google Groups to look
> at usenet.

Just in case you're interested, the Network News Transfer Protocol, NNTP,
is used to distribute posts over Usenet, a worldwide system for passing
messages among computers that appeared in 1980.  Since many of us are
still using it to follow newsgroups, Lo, 37 years later, it must surely
have succeeded beyond its creators' wildest hopes.  I suspect I'm not
the only fossil here who gets kinda misty contemplating NNTP's history.

--
To email me, substitute nowhere->runbox, invalid->com.