matplotlib change?

Michael F. Stemper michael.stemper at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 13:14:10 EDT 2017

On 2017-06-22 09:50, breamoreboy at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 3:33:36 PM UTC+1, Michael F. Stemper wrote:
>> I have some scripts running as cronjobs that capture the status
>> of some long-term processes and then periodically plot the data.
>> The box where they normally run went down yesterday for some
>> unknown reason, so I ran them manually on another box so that
>> others on the project could continue to watch progress.
>>
>> I was surprised to see that the lines on the plot no longer went
>> all of the way to its border. Investigating showed me that this
>> is box-dependent.

>> Is it likely that the difference in plots due to something that
>> changed in matplotlib between 2.7.12 and 2.7.13? If so, is there
>> some argument that I could specify in one of the functions to
>> prevent this padding/margin/waste? Is there a separate function
>> to call?
>>
>> If the difference isn't due to a change in matplotlib, would it be
>> something OS-dependent? How can I track it down?

> Id check to see which matplotlib versions you have rather than the Python version.  Either:-

Okay, that was easy enough:

mstemper2 at greenbay$ python
Python 2.7.12 (default, Nov 19 2016, 06:48:10)
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux2
 >>> import matplotlib
 >>> matplotlib.__version__
'1.5.1'

mstemper2 at vv322f$ python
Python 2.7.13 (default, Jan 19 2017, 14:48:08)
[GCC 6.3.0 20170118] on linux2
 >>> import matplotlib
 >>> matplotlib.__version__
'2.0.0'