Bug or intended behavior?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 13:29:51 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 2:27 AM, Peter Pearson <pkpearson at nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> More seriously, I thought "format" was the Cool New Thing toward which
> all the cool kids were moving.  But here I tried to be cool and put in a
> plug for "format", and the hip community seems to be sticking up for
> "%".  Can I never get with the times?

The times aren't moving. Both percent formatting and .format are here
to stay. Python is not JavaScript, and you don't have to "move with
the times"; we don't have eight major versions in seven years, or four
in five years, or ten in... I don't know how many years, but it's an
npm-installable module, so not more than seven or eight.

ChrisA