Bug or intended behavior?

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 13:16:00 EDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 11:27 AM, Peter Pearson
<pkpearson at nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> I thought "format" was the Cool New Thing toward which
> all the cool kids were moving.  But here I tried to be cool and put in a
> plug for "format", and the hip community seems to be sticking up for
> "%".

The f"..." string is pretty new. Only the hippest of the hip (>=
Python 3.6) are using it at this point. I only recently started using
"...".format() to ease some anticipated far-in-the-future switch to
Python 3 for some of my work. It's grown on me a bit. As an old C
programmer, I've been pretty married to printf-style formatting.

Skip