Transitioning from Linux to Windows

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 5 11:44:40 EDT 2017

On 3-6-2017 15:44, chitturk at uah.edu wrote:
> Ideally, I would like to set up the user on their Windows 7/10 system so that they can "login" to the ubuntu system (say putty) - change working directory (to where desired) - run the script (on the ubuntu system) - and scp the file back to the windows desktop.

You can use Pyro4 to directly call the python scripts running on your ubuntu system from
python code on the windows machines, thereby avoiding the hassle of having to deal with
a remote shell session.
It does require you to run a Pyro4 daemon on the linux box and deal with security in
some other way.

Irmen