Transitioning from Linux to Windows

chitturk at uah.edu chitturk at uah.edu
Sun Jun 4 18:35:12 EDT 2017

It is not difficult (for me) - I developed the scripts to analyze files created by two different linux boxes (why two boxes is a longer story) (these are linux machines connected to gene sequencers) - the users are likely going to be fairly naive when it comes to running/using programs - and while the files can be transferred to the windows machine and then analyzed/examined, was trying to see if the windows machines can be used as simply a front end (no file transfers/etc) - but yes, it is indeed a solution that can be implemented - get the files over, run the script on windows machines (even as it makes me nervous to run scripts on windows systems - with or without anaconda - I am so used to being in the Linux environment that dealing with windows makes me nervous :(