YAML in std lib?

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Mon Jul 31 11:48:47 EDT 2017

Paul  Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> writes:

> As I understand it, YAML as a markup language is not as popular as it once
> was.

Given all the hype around Docker these days, I'm not convinced that's true :)

> In addition, the main YAML library on PyPI is PyYAML

There is fork, https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ruamel.yaml, that seems actively
maintained: it supports YAML 1.2 for example.

But I agree with you, I do not see a good enough reason to include it in the
standard library.

ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.