Recent Spam problem

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 17:44:22 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-25, Wildman via Python-list <python-list at python.org> wrote:

> The posts are being made through Google Groups.  Forwarding
> the posts with headers to groups-abuse at google.com might help.

I never has in the past.  I (and many others) have for years and years
been plonking all posts made through Google Groups.  Trust me, you'll
not miss out on anything worthwile. :)

> I have sent a couple but if everyone here did it maybe Google will
> pay attention and do something.

They won't.

Just configure your .score file (or bogofilter or spamassassin or
whatever) to throw out all posts that have a Message-ID: header field
that ends in 'googlegroups.com'.  That, grashopper, is the path to
serenity.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I like your SNOOPY
                                  at               POSTER!!