Recent Spam problem

Wildman best_lay at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 15:31:01 EDT 2017

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 23:01:43 -0700, Paul Rubin wrote:

> Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> writes:
>> Since spammers are unlikely to be choosy about whom they spam:
>> Tentative conclusion: Something about the USENET-ML gateway is more leaky
>> out here than elsewhere
>
> It could be a sort-of DOS attack by some disgruntled idiot.  I wonder if
> the email address in those spam posts actually works.  Then there's the
> weird Italian rants.  No idea about those.

The posts are being made through Google Groups.  Forwarding
the posts with headers to groups-abuse at google.com might help.
I have sent a couple but if everyone here did it maybe
Google will pay attention and do something.  The same goes
for our Italian "friend".

--
<Wildman> GNU/Linux user #557453
The cow died so I don't need your bull!