What's with all of the Case Solution and Test Bank nonsense posts?

Wanderer wanderer at dialup4less.com
Mon Jul 10 07:18:35 EDT 2017

On Sunday, July 9, 2017 at 8:59:45 PM UTC-4, timetowalk wrote:
> On Sunday, July 9, 2017 at 8:05:59 PM UTC-4, Michael Torrie wrote:
> > On 07/09/2017 05:39 PM, timetowalk11 at gmail.com wrote:
> > > I use https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/comp.lang.python to look over message posts.
> > >
> > > What's with all of the Case Solution and Test Bank nonsense posts?
> > > Is is possible to have these posts filtered out?
> >
> > I'm sure Google could filter them if it chose.  Behind the group,
> > though, is the Usenet newsgroup, which is unmoderated and decentralized,
> > and you can't filter there. That's why most people read Usenet with a
> > good news reader app that can apply filtering and kill rules for you.
> >
> > And of course the mailing list side of things does filter out messages
> > and kills certain points.  Probably your cleanest experience will come
> > through the mailing list.  Use an email folder and a filter to place all
> > list serv emails in a folder and you'll get a good experience. You can
> > even do this with Gmail.  My gmail account has all my list serv messages
> > sorted out on the Gmail server into labels, and I have a special rule to
> > killfile messages from some sources.
>
> I will need to read about filtering messages locally.
> Can the admin simply ban the user?

I wrote this Python script to locally ban (block, kill file, plonk, whatever you want to call it) authors and posted it here a little while back. This way I don't have to turn on javascript to look at the google groups list.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?_escaped_fragment_=msg/comp.lang.python/EKRYfj06OeA/RnpM6stNAwAJ#!msg/comp.lang.python/EKRYfj06OeA/RnpM6stNAwAJ